We’re continuing our “Go-to” series of of key Bible passages that are important for us to know and incorporate in our lives. Today we looked at John 16:33,
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.
- In this world you will have trouble.
- But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- If you’re not currently experiencing any trouble, you will.
- Troubles are inevitable but suffering is optional.
- Life is hard but God is good.
- For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
- When you regret the past, you lose the opportunity for peace in the present. If you don’t let your past die, it won’t let you live.
- God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
- Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Associate Pastor – Discipleship. The Church at LifePark
Professor of Discipleship, Columbia International University
Follow me on twitter: rickhiggins5